Monday, April 07, 2008

#21 Podcasts

I've listened to podcasts from NPR and The Onion for a few years now. I've listened to some educational podcasts and Voice Threads and have a VT account. I like being able to use iTunes to subscribe to updated podcasts.

The best podcast I found in my recent searching is Joyce Valenza's 21st Century Librarian's Manifesto. It's got an accompanying wiki for people to edit and add their thoughts and vision.

I would really like to encourage my students to do some podcast-based booktalks or book reviews. At this point, I don't really have a teacher who will work with me but I'm working on that for the coming school year. I know that if we get them started it will open a whole new aspect to my library program and engaging learners in the use of various web2.0 tools. I'm hoping to learn more about podcasting at PSLA's annual conference in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment